UUA Divestment This includes the text of the UUA business resolution that was passed at GA 2014 along with an archive of related links.
Congregational Divestment and Reinvestment
- List of Divested and Divesting UU Congregations
- Sermons and Papers on Fossil Fuel Divestment
- “Divest from Fossil Fuels. Invest in Love.” Rev. Fred Small, First Parish Cambridge Unitarian Universalist
- “Before the Deluge and the Scary Math” Rev. Drew Kennedy, First Unitarian Society of Milwaukee
- “Divestment: Our Money and Our Lives” Rev. Peggy Clarke, First Unitarian Society of Westchester, Hastings-on-Hudson, NY
- “Wendell Berry’s Questionnaire” Rev. Alison Wohler, Unitarian Universalist Society of Amherst
- “Climate Change as a Moral Issue” Rev. Harold Babcock, First Religious Society, UU, Newburyport
- “The Moral Imperative to Confront Climate Change” Jeff Howard, Unitarian Society of Hartford
Personal Divestment and Reinvestment
- Extracting Fossil Fuels from Your Portfolio
- Pathway to a Fossil Free Portfolio
- Green America: Go Fossil Free
Interfaith and other faiths:
- GreenFaith: A Listing of Known Religious Divest and Reinvest Efforts
- Ecumenical Ministries of Oregon divestment and reinvestment page
- GreenFaith Divest and Reinvest Program
- GreenFaith paper: Divest and Reinvest Now!
- United Church of Christ approves divestment resolution
- Community Divestment Network: This is an email group for people working in the off-campus divestment movement in North America.
- Bill Moyers Interview: Putting the Freeze on Global Warming
- Global Warming’s Terrifying New Math
- The Case for Fossil-Fuel Divestment
- Carbon Tracker Initiative
- DBL Investors Presentation
- EcoWatch: Fossil Fuel Divestment Crucial to Combating Climate Change
- Reason, Rationality and Fiduciary Duty
- You will find many additional useful links at UU Ministry for Earth’s fossil fuel divestment web page.